High recommendation for PocketFuel

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
balance
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

High recommendation for PocketFuel

Post by balance »

Many of us look for foods that are healthy, taste great, pack well and are convenent for the trail. That's what you get with PocketFuel.

It's sort of like Nutella or peanut butter, but the base is ground almonds, along with natural fruits & berries, and cane sugar. There are ten flavors, including chocolate, vanilla, pineapple, coffee, etc., which they say is 100% natural, whole food. I've only used banana-blueberry, but that tastes great. It comes in a foil container, 1.8, 3, and 20 ounces, and is easy to use, sort of like squeezing peanut butter out of a toothpaste tube. I've found the 20 ounce package lasts me for a five to seven day trip.

The flavor is sweet and tasty enough to be a dessert; I really look forward to a few shots after any meal. It also shines as an energy booster along the trail. PocketFuel is big with the endurance athlete crowd, and I guess when you or I hike over a 12,000 ft. pass that makes us endurance athletes.

PocketFuel is on the shelf at REI, or you can order it online. I checked out their website before trying this, and the people who make it seem legit. They don't know I'm writing this, and I'm not involved with their business in any way. I'm just letting you know how this makes my trips into the mountains a little more fun, healthy and easy.

Peace.
balance
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: High recommendation for PocketFuel

Post by balance »

I was looking to buy PocketFuel for a trip to Vee Lake, and discovered they went out of business in early 2016. That stuff was good, like an organic, healthy version of Nutella in different flavors.

I will miss you PocketFuel. :crybaby: