Enertia/Coleman Foods

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
rrivera
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Enertia/Coleman Foods

Post by rrivera »

Does anyone know what happened to Enertia foods? That was my favorite backpacking food brand and I went on Coleman's site and it doesn't look like they sell food anymore. I am really open someone else purchased Enertia but I have been unable to find anything yet.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Enertia/Coleman Foods

Post by maverick »

They are available here: http://www.wildernessdining.com/shopbyb ... foods.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rrivera
Topix Acquainted

Post by rrivera »

yeah I saw that the selection is much smaller so I think this is the end of what they have…so I will be purchasing in bulk :cool:
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Yeap, they are out of business: http://www.bbb.org/dayton/business-revi ... h-40000564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Sorry to hear this, there Beef Stroganoff was great.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Djwclmber
Topix Newbie

Post by Djwclmber »

Word on the trail is Enertia Trail Foods is coming back. My understanding is it was purchased by some backpackers with the intent to bring the brand back to its roots and serve the hiking community and not big box stores.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Djwclmber,

Welcome to HST! Thanks for that news, any timeline for when and through who?

austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Not to hijack the thread. Just to make aware of a local product here in Austin of all places; which I do not have any affiliation other than a consumer. Packit Gourmet. The items I've tried last year were tasty!
Djwclmber
Topix Newbie

Post by Djwclmber »

maverick, thanks. I have a pretty reliable source but don't want to quote anything till I know for sure. I'll update as soon as I know more. But my understanding is Enertia was bought and will be going back to Ohio where it started and the goal is to really serve the core backpacking market. Word is if they can get everything together, it will be re introduced at Trail Days next month in Damascus. I'll post more when I find out.
rrivera
Topix Acquainted

Post by rrivera »

This is super exciting...I loved this brand...hope the news is true...thx for sharing