La Piana fettuccine with sage

Have a favorite trail recipe or technique you'd like to share? Please do! We also like reviews of various trail food products out there. The Backcountry Food Topix forum is the place to discuss all things related to food and nourishment while in the Sierra wilderness (as well as favorite trail head eateries).
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

La Piana fettuccine with sage

Post by oldranger »

Help! My source for this product has stopped carrying it. The distributor has been non responsive. This tasty pasta is pressed so thin that it requires just a couple of minutes of boiling before it is ready. Anybody know who might carry it or any of the La Piana fettuccines?

Thanks

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: La Piana fettuccine with sage

Post by maverick »

Mike is this the one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000U10VS/ref ... nkCode=asn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Mav

Thanks I was aware of that but that was for a single box for about 3x as much as I have paid in the past. I am trying to see if special orders are possible by the case.

Mike
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

OR,

Pretty sure you were asked not to cook pasta ever again! :)
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Russ,

Markskor specifically asked that I get some so he could cook it!

Mike
Mike

markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

True, I did ask...a killer pasta, cooks up in minutes - good texture too, just do not overcook!

BTW, Mike's biggest mistake is that he thinks al dente is the name of a dentist.
Mountainman who swims with trout
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

The recipe for fettuccine hasn't changed in eons. You can recreate theirs with sage included and dry it prior to the trip. Or, just get regular cheaper noodles and infuse dried sage in the water. The cooking time is more about how dry and thick the pasta is. Even Mark knows that.

Bummer you can't buy it dirt cheap anymore, but..

Guess you already plan on calling them: https://www.italianfoods.com/products/l ... filone.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;