Weather.

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Weather.

Post by JM21760 »

Would a weather thread be a good thing? I was thinking it might be handy for folks coming up to the hills. Just a thought. I remember Pete Giddings, on channel 7 in the Bay Area. (I am sooo dating myself!). He'd go off about the terrible storm lashing the Sierra, while we were sitting in the sun, grabbing cold ones out of the "Snow Wall Cooler"(patent pending) in the yard. For instance, tonight is very warm, and the snow pack has taken a decent hit, the rain didn't help either. Up high, things are better, but could be icy. If someone needed a short term real condition check, I'm on this thing every evening.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Good idea. I'm on it! But...I have a better plan (I think). I have a pretty good weather page designed over at my other site (SierraPackTrip.com). It's in really bad need of updating (the whole site is, actually), but other than that I think that's the best idea for over here. I'm just going to move it to HST. Additionally, I was thinking of including a real time mini-blog within the page where people can blog current weather info and updates.

Thoughts?
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

A weather page would be great! I'm always checking different links, but not sure how reliable they are.
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skibum
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Skibum »

The wx page on the old site was great!