organizing posts

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

organizing posts

Post by Harlen »

I wonder if it's possible to group one's posts together in creative ways? E g., to put all of one's own, and other folks trip reports together? We begin posts in specific categories, but then they become jumbled together in the "Your Posts" history. Not a big deal, just wondering. Thanks Ian.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Re: organizing posts

Post by ERIC »

Ian,

I'll do some research to see if there's such a mod we can use.

Eric
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

I would like this feature as well. Or even some way to save someone's post as a "favorite." There's some reports, tips&tricks, and X-Country pass descriptions that I wish I could bookmark. A simple star feature would be super useful.
SirBC
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by SirBC »

Just as an FYI, when I come across a trip report that I want to save I download it with the "web clipper" extension that Evernote has and it saves the webpage for me in my Evernote account, automatically in my "Trip Reports" notebook. It downloads all text and pictures so that if the pictures ever disappear (ala photodeck) I still have a copy. I do this for any site/page that I think I may want to save and it saves it to a "notebook" that I have setup in Evernote. I have separate notebooks for things like camping gear, photography, etc. At least one (that I know of) of the trip reports that was posted here that I really liked is no longer available and I'm glad that I saved a copy.
-------------
Dave | flickr
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

For now, you can simply bookmark and/or subscribe to a particular topic, but not a post. The button for that is at the top and bottom of a thread page next to the "Post Reply" button under tools. I'll flag this (thread lol) as a possibility for a future software upgrade, but I'm hesitant to implement anything on an outdated version of the forum software.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix