tr frustrations

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
tlsharb
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

tr frustrations

Post by tlsharb »

Not sure is this is where to ask, but I'm trying to load a TR from last summer's hike. After going through pics and downsizing all of them to less than 2mb, I still can't load them. Every attempt gets this "your pic is too big" red ink. What am I doing wrong?
ts
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: tr frustrations

Post by maverick »

Hi Terry,

Read this first, and see if helps: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=103
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: tr frustrations

Post by rlown »

Hi Terry,

Got your pic. Thanks. It was sized correctly and posted without problems.

Used the Upload attachment feature on HST in the middle of the page. I chose your file from my desktop and uploaded the file. After upload, I selected "place inline" after moving my cursor to where i wanted it placed in the "TR".

It results in a piece of code that looks like this:

Code: Select all

[attachment=0]IMG_0151.jpg[/attachment]
IMG_0151.jpg
It worked for me. If you have other questions, let me know here or via PM. No other img or rimg tags are necessary if that was what you were trying to use. I think the limit per post is 10 of these. But you can break your TR into multiple posts on the same thread, if you have more pics in your TR. ERIC will correct me if i'm wrong.

Nice pic by the way. Can hardly wait for the TR now :)

Regards,

Russ