posting maps

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

posting maps

Post by tomcat_rc »

can anyone tell me how to post one of my maps online - I can only convert it to .pdf text - can't get it to a jpeg file
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Not sure what software you're using, but you can always do a screen capture. Just open the map up and then press Ctrl and Print Screen at the same time. Then open a blank document in MS Paint, Photoshop, etc. and click Edit>Paste.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

I'm shocked you can't save as jpg. On my mac, I can use Preview to open up PDFs and save them as jpg's. I know there is some sort of conversion software like this out there for windows, just have no experience with it.
wingding

Post by wingding »

yes, a print screen will work - I use print screen all the time to capture impages I want to save. On my laptop I have to press control and print screen to capture the image, but on my desktop computer I just have to press the print screen button. All you're doing is copying whatever is showing on your monitor to microsoft's clipboard when you press print screen or control and print screen. You can paste it anywhere you want after that. If you want a jpg paste as a new image in a graphics/photo program where you can save it as a jpg.

Does topographic software have a copy option on the menu? If it does you should be able to copy the area you want to make into a jpg and then open a picture/graphics program (microsoft's paint works fine if you don't have another program you use for pictures) and paste it. Once pasted you should be able to save it as a jpg.