High Sierra Map is broken

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
mort
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

High Sierra Map is broken

Post by mort »

"This page can't load Google Maps correctly."
Overlays, like cross country passes are OK. But no satellite/topo choices.
-mort
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Re: High Sierra Map is broken

Post by copeg »

Thanks for the heads up. I noticed this a few days ago but haven’t had time to try and repair. Unfortunately Google now monitors (and in some cases charges) for access to their API, and as such changes how folks access their maps (hence the message displayed)
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

Gmap4 shuttered as a result of that change IIRC.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
copeg

Post by copeg »

Map should be back up (at least for now - keeping an eye on it). Thanks again for reporting this to us
bagboy
Topix Novice

Post by bagboy »

A few years ago I was able to download passes, trails, etc from the map and overlay them onto Google Earth. Now when I check the boxes and click one of the download buttons, I get some odd error. Is it not possible to download this stuff anymore, or is it just a temporary glitch?
copeg

Post by copeg »

bagboy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:32 pm A few years ago I was able to download passes, trails, etc from the map and overlay them onto Google Earth. Now when I check the boxes and click one of the download buttons, I get some odd error. Is it not possible to download this stuff anymore, or is it just a temporary glitch?
Should be fixed, but post back if there are still problems. Didn't know this was an issue, so thanks for bringing this to our attention!
Greg
andrea
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by andrea »

Hi,

the map seems to be broken, error message reads:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/highsier/public_html/high-sierra-map/MapDelegate.php on line 29: mysqli::mysqli(): (HY000/1275): Server is running in --secure-auth mode, but 'highsier_mapro'@'localhost' has a password in the old format; please change the password to the new format
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/highsier/public_html/high-sierra-map/MapDelegate.php on line 629: mysqli::prepare(): Couldn't fetch mysqli
Fatal error: Call to a member function bind_result() on a non-object in /home/highsier/public_html/high-sierra-map/MapDelegate.php on line 630

I have tried several browsers, several different links, computer and tablet, always the same.
This is a great map, great resource, essential for planning and dreaming....please please please fix it!
(or let me know if this is a problem on my end! thanks!)

Thanks,
Andrea
copeg

Post by copeg »

andrea wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:33 am the map seems to be broken, error message reads:
Should be back up, but post back if you experience any other issues...and thanks for the heads up on the error :thumbsup:
zwoij
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by zwoij »

Not working for me at least. I see the map for an instant, then this:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.
copeg

Post by copeg »

zwoij wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm Not working for me at least. I see the map for an instant, then this:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details.
Unfortunately I cannot reproduce (tried with multiple OS and browsers). My hunch is that this is a browser issue...try to refresh the page and/or clear you cache. If there's still problems afterwards, please post back your OS and browser (name and version)