Foliage already turning colors!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Foliage already turning colors!

Post by mountaineer »

Now there are some small high elevation groves to the north, but most are rather out of sight from highways.
Ditto! Some of my secret spots I found by sticking the truck in 4wd and driving down random dirt roads! Some great spots in the Bridgeport area like that.

The reason I am seeking as much information as possible before going is I only have 4 days...the up side is I have a lot of leeway as to when i use those 4 days. I have never been to Hope Valley for the colors and wanted to hit it on the same trip this time. Problem is, there is a lot of lag time between Bishop area turning and Hope Valley turning so seeing both on the same 4 day trip is probably not feasible.

I understand what you are saying Dave, about knowledge being important, but this year is really weird due to the drought. I was over there at the beginning of August and already saw some of the Sherwin area with yellow. I just can't get it nailed down this year.

On the other hand, last year I had to skip my eastside fall trip to go to Michigan for a wedding...got lucky and hit southern MI on their peak weekend.