STRANGE BEAUTY...

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
EastSideClimb
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

STRANGE BEAUTY...

Post by EastSideClimb »

After snapping hundreds of photos this summer with my brother, I wanted to sift through and find a few that I found intriguing. These are not your typical wilderness scapes. It was a full moon on the last weekend in September so my brother decided to do some long exposure shots with the full moon. The moon shadows, clouds, and stars made for an eerie scene. Another shot might be familiar to most, the rail at the Conway Pass overlook. I just thought the hundreds of stickers made for a good juxtapose.

Does anybody else have some weird ones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herm
Topix Regular

Re: STRANGE BEAUTY...

Post by Herm »

ESC;
Wow, those are interesting. My first impression was that you must have posted the wrong photos, as that looks quite bright, like daylight - but stars (except our sun) aren't visible during daylight - duh. And I snapped a few photos of Mono Lake from the same sticker-plastered guard rail earlier this summer.
Thanks for sharing,
Herm
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by rlown »

Trinity 2009.. My friend steve likes to play with delay shots. You might notice he's in two places on this shot. Only two of us were there.
Trinity 2009 242.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EastSideClimb
Topix Acquainted

Post by EastSideClimb »

Oh yes...I should have pointed out that the night shots were taken at 10:30 pm. The moon had just come up. Pretty crazy what a long exposure can show.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

My friend steve likes to play with delay shots.
I'm guilty of that: :D

The hermit
Topix Regular

Post by The hermit »

I have some long exposure shots from death valley. My geodesic dome tent looks really cool with telescope peak in the background(full moon of course).now if I could only figure out how to post pics.