Favorite Pics of 2012

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
RooPhillip
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Favorite Pics of 2012

Post by RooPhillip »

I only went on one backpack trip this season (my 11th Annual Dudes' Trip), but I got to car camp a few times. Since I don't really have any TRs to post, I thought I'd post some of my favorite pics from the year. I'm still digging but here are a few. I hope you enjoy them...

Rainbow meets olive wooley

From the Dudes' Trip. Not a very good pic, but one of the best fishing days of the year! The spot in the lake is me in my float tube. Thanks to my buddy for hiking up the ridge to get this.

Dudes' Trip groupshot. Our long standing tradition up there is High Altitude Frizbee Golf. This is the 10th tee, the "signature hole."

Not really a favorite pic, but a favorite event. A fellow Sequoia camper walked up and handed this to me. I said "Thanks for the info!" He was dead serious. I saw a few lizards on this trip, but thankfully they were not in need of resuscitation.

Water ouzel doing his thing. I love these little guys...

Moonrise in MK

Fall color in MK
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Favorite Pics of 2012

Post by windknot »

Nice shots, thanks for sharing! I especially like the ultra-zoom on the moon. I've never had a camera that enabled me to get that close, it's mighty impressive.
Jason
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Favorite Pics of 2012

Post by Jason »

windknot wrote:Nice shots, thanks for sharing! I especially like the ultra-zoom on the moon. I've never had a camera that enabled me to get that close, it's mighty impressive.
Ditto! Ha ha! Great photos, it looks like you know how to have a good time in the mountains.