2011 Fishing inspiration photothon!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
pork50
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

2011 Fishing inspiration photothon!

Post by pork50 »

The general trout season in California has ended, and doesnt open up until the end of april. I feel a thread should be started about all of this year, and previous years, fishing expierences.
troooo.jpg
Here is a wild trout I caught near the closer
walker.jpg
My home waters.
wild_bow.jpg
A trout i caught while backpacking, no that is not a pool of blood, the granite had pools with gravel in them, minature natural hot tubs.

Continue this thread, and enjoy! :D

~Pork50
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RiseToADry
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: 2011 Fishing inspiration photothon!

Post by RiseToADry »

This picture is not really bout the fish, but more about the place and the trip. Humphrey's basin, fishing Piute Creek before it flows into Upper Golden Trout Lake. We had day hiked to Lost Lakes above Muriel, and had several hits, saw some large Golden's follow our lures/flies, but alas, did not bring any to hand. We walked down to the Creek and followed it back to camp (at Upper Golden Trout Lake). It was an absolute blast seeing the little guys hit dry flies so hard after beeing skunked by the larger fish earlier in the day. This picture is perfect because it captures a nice little honey-hole, a pure golden, the towering Mt. Humphrey's in the background, and of course exactly how I was feeling. Bring's back fond memories, and this is why I hope to get into backcountry every year for as long as I can.

http://i.imgur.com/Gv9q0.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
windknot
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by windknot »

Mine was a season for firsts, bests, and possibly (though hopefully not) lasts. I caught my first lake trout from a backcountry lake, my personal best backcountry trout, my personal best fish on a fly, and my personal best brown. Lasts? There's always a good chance that any of my visits to a given lake could be my last, especially if the fishing isn't particularly enticing. However, there are a lot of seasons left, so you never know.

I'll contribute some gold to the thread. This guy refused three other flies before I finally found one that looked tasty enough to pique his interest:

Troutdog 59
Topix Expert

Post by Troutdog 59 »

OK, mine are just "snap shots" compared to the your folks photos, but these two were my favs for 2011.

My daughter with her first backcountry brookie

Dont worry Russ, we ate it :D

And my daugters PB golden

Looking forward to 2012!!!
Once in a while you can get shown the light
In the strangest places if you look at it right.

The Grateful Dead
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular

Post by Ikan Mas »

Alger Lakes
Garnet Lake
Davis Lake (darn runts!)
Gem Lake
ceragold5150
Topix Acquainted

Post by ceragold5150 »

rainbow
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.