Best Photo of 2010 contest - Discussion

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Best Photo of 2010 contest - Discussion

Post by rlown »

vandman wrote:
working on it!
Nicely done.
calipidder
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by calipidder »

vandman wrote: Calipidder, I was in Royce Lakes Basin on that weird cold and windy day, and have a shot of the same morning clouds shot at the base of Feather Peak. Later that day we climbed Italy pass and saw you climbing Mt. Julius Caeser. The next day we ran into you in Bear Lakes Basin. We were the guys swimming in Vee lake! It is a small world up in the Sierra.
Small world! That was such a great week in the mountains. I remember you guys trying to swim in that water, freezing cold! Of course the next day we stood directly under ice cold snow runoff on our way down Seven Gables. Vee Lake probably would have been warmer.
vandman
Topix Regular

Post by vandman »

Calipidder, We didn't try to swim, we swam! Vee lake was warmer than lake 12,200 in the Ionian Basin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://wildernessjournals.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://vanmiller.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

rlown wrote:so, HST has over 1800 registered users, and most backpack, peak bag, fish, and some are professional photographers.. i'd bet even 60% carry cameras. I'd also bet that most were out there last year.

Why not more entries?

Wondering,

Russ
For me it's either laziness or trying to come up with 3 pictures from 2010, that shows the Sierra.
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

So....I never took a camera anywhere for a very long time. I just never owned one. A lot of backpack gone yeah, but also extensive general traveling camping and sightseeing all over the US. My parents were the same way Hah. Been traveling my whole life, and started backpacking I think 20 years ago.....sheesh time flies......and the only pictures I took was a rare disposable camera.

My first camera was actually a blackberry phone maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Then I bought an Olympus point and shoot before a yosemite trip in june last year. Did great until taking it to the beach 4 th of july....not even a month later its done. Now my camera is my Droid phone, although I think the blackberry has better color.

I have a lot of fun taking pictures, even on the phone.

So lol, here is a couple from the phone, and one from that stupid camera.
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

The web site my pictures are on is acting crazy, I will try again tomorrow
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

Hey RoguePhotonic, what do you do for a living?

JD
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Currently I am a suspended acoustical ceiling installer, (T-bar). Been doing that for almost 8 years now.

I am thinking of getting out of the trade though and getting a job as a trail crew worker or something along those lines.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Thought I'd bump this thread to remind people about the contest. You can read the rules at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enter early, enter often.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular

Post by hikerchick395 »

Hi...I tried to follow the rules by uploading 3 attachments in the same post. The first one seems to load fine. Then on the second one I am asked to log in (again) and my first attachment is lost. When I backspace the web page has "expired." :retard:

So I'll do what others have done...3 photos in 3 posts...

(I tried about 5 times...was logged out, then my password was not recognized...had to leave the site and come back. It turns out that my second attachment was apparently slightly oversized. oops...)