Best Photo of 2010 contest - Discussion

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
John Dittli
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Best Photo of 2010 contest - Discussion

Post by John Dittli »

Hey RoguePhotonic, what do you do for a living?

JD
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Currently I am a suspended acoustical ceiling installer, (T-bar). Been doing that for almost 8 years now.

I am thinking of getting out of the trade though and getting a job as a trail crew worker or something along those lines.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Thought I'd bump this thread to remind people about the contest. You can read the rules at viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6109" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enter early, enter often.
hikerchick395
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by hikerchick395 »

Hi...I tried to follow the rules by uploading 3 attachments in the same post. The first one seems to load fine. Then on the second one I am asked to log in (again) and my first attachment is lost. When I backspace the web page has "expired." :retard:

So I'll do what others have done...3 photos in 3 posts...

(I tried about 5 times...was logged out, then my password was not recognized...had to leave the site and come back. It turns out that my second attachment was apparently slightly oversized. oops...)
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

hikerchick395 wrote:Hi...I tried to follow the rules by uploading 3 attachments in the same post. The first one seems to load fine. Then on the second one I am asked to log in (again) and my first attachment is lost. When I backspace the web page has "expired." :retard:

So I'll do what others have done...3 photos in 3 posts...

(I tried about 5 times...was logged out, then my password was not recognized...had to leave the site and come back. It turns out that my second attachment was apparently slightly oversized. oops...)
When you want to submit 3 or more photos in a single post, (assuming you're using the "upload attachment" option), you upload the first, then select the "place inline" option, and it'll put the code into your post. DO NOT HIT the BACK key! go right back to the "upload attachment" option again, upload the next file, and then again (after positioning the cursor after the first attachment code, (it sometimes hangs in the middle of the first which just creates a mess) choose the "place inline" option again.

After you get all your pic attachment code in place, then you can edit around the attachments with text, or label the pictures in the space provided on the "place inline" option. This works for me, at least. an example of the code you should see in your post before you preview it:

Code: Select all

[attachment=2]Puppet Lk 2010 103.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]Chain Lks 2010 014.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]Saddlebag Lk 2010 007.JPG[/attachment]
Hope that helps.
Last edited by rlown on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Contest ends tomorrow night at midnight...last chance! (June 2 ...one extra day) 'cause of the holidays,
While not the anticipated turnout as expected from years past...still some nice entries.
Thanks to all that participated by posting their offerings.
Mark
Mountainman who swims with trout
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

I expected more as well, at least from the PRO's, who have submitted previously. This forum is kind of an equal playing field. Sure, I don't carry a hasselblad, but I submitted some, because it's kind of an annual thing. And some really nice stuff submitted as well.

Community..

Russ
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Contest is over...(first stage anyway).
All members are now invited to submit their recommendations as to which one they think worthy of being in the final...the one they deem best - one nominee per member only.
PM me - Markskor
or
Markskor at Yahoo.com
Final "vote-off" will follow, once a "top ten" is established.
Thanks...
Mark
markskor
Founding Member - RIP

Post by markskor »

Come on out there...make a choice and PM me.
If I do not get more than 7 replies (so far), I will just let this thing die for lack of interest.
Maybe better that way if nobody cares.
Mark
Mike M.
Topix Expert

Post by Mike M. »

Markskor:

Could you place the entries in an online gallery so we can view them together, rather than in a string of forum entries? It would make it easier to compare and contrast. Not that choosing a favorite will be easy, with all the great photo entries.

Mike