Trip to the Eastern Sierra, May 14 & 15 (7 pics)

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Inge..Thank you for posting these! So beautiful..I love the one you got at Monitor Pass, it is so close to me where I live and I just love that area. I was wondering if the Irises were out in that hugh field on the left side of 395 before Bridgeport going south? I always look forward on seeing those Irises each year. There is a section before you drop down into Meiss Meadows going to Showers Lake in the Carson Pass area that I just love..but you have to catch it at the right time to see them at peak.
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by ifernau »

madeintahoe wrote:Inge..Thank you for posting these! So beautiful..I love the one you got at Monitor Pass, it is so close to me where I live and I just love that area. I was wondering if the Irises were out in that hugh field on the left side of 395 before Bridgeport going south? I always look forward on seeing those Irises each year. There is a section before you drop down into Meiss Meadows going to Showers Lake in the Carson Pass area that I just love..but you have to catch it at the right time to see them at peak.
I did not see any Iris blooming in the meadows before or after Bridgeport. It looked like as if they were coming out, but no flowers yet. Last year I found this meadow right as you turn off to Green Creek Road. That was around June 11th

Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;