Sierra Fishing Inspiration Photothon

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Sierra Fishing Inspiration Photothon

Post by rlown »

Here's one from the "backcountry meeting" in July 2010. That is steve (Steelhead) catching at the inlet as we surveyed the lake for the subsequent fishing derby. That is the inlet that Mark swears he caught a 6, er, 5, er 4 lb'er. Either a really good C&R story, or hallucinating again ;)
steve.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Nice pictures, guys.

This brown caught during a very early-season trip in 2008 had remarkably few and distinctive spots:
John Dittli
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by John Dittli »

On my lunch break a "few" years ago
Screen shot 2010-11-20 at 12.56.52 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Very nice!, JD.. how many "years" ago.. that looks like more than a few based on the uniform.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

rlown wrote:Very nice!, JD.. how many "years" ago.. that looks like more than a few based on the uniform.
I'm betting on the 70's?
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

rlown wrote:Very nice!, JD.. how many "years" ago.. that looks like more than a few based on the uniform.
I'd have to look it up too be sure, but right around '85.

JD
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Neat stuff John, thanks for sharing!
John Dittli
Topix Expert

Post by John Dittli »

Here's a re-post, but I just thought it belonged in this thread. Hope dead fish are PC.
Screen shot 2010-11-20 at 8.52.10 PM.jpg
Hauled the BL in the pack for four days, hauled the empties for another 5...
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Thanks for sharing guys. Jthomascarter, I can't see your picture (just shows up as an attachment for me) but maybe there's something wrong on my end..

There was a thread a while back in the Fishing Hole in which a bunch of us were staring at a picture of a guy who had caught a huge golden and was posing with the big fish with his backpack on. The general sentiment was that the photo looked stage because we rarely fish with our full packs on our backs, but I ran across this photo today taken back in May of this year that proves I'm guilty of doing the same thing at least once. It's usually when I'm on my way to find a campsite but already have the rod strung up and can't resist a cast or five en route:

Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I caught these two Brown trout on the Kern River above the Forks. One fish was my first catch of the day. I then fished up then back down about 2-3 miles of the river and returned to fish the same hole. At that time I caught the larger of the two fish. One was a male and the other a female. I was BP/fishing with 3 other men. They were impressed. I knew that I had just gotten lucky and told them so. I was, however very familiar with the river so it wasn't %100 luck.