What is the strangest pic your camera ever took?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

What is the strangest pic your camera ever took?

Post by rlown »

um,

this was a picture i took at Virginia Lk in Yose. I don't review and cull my pics as I take a LOT of pics.. You'll note it's not out of focus, but the camera had a mind of it's own that morning.
IM000416.jpg
I was surprised when i got back home..

Edit: for some reason i'm not expecting our professionals to reply... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: What is the strangest pic your camera ever took?

Post by gary c. »

rlown wrote: Edit: for some reason i'm not expecting our professionals to reply... ;)
Only because they are spending there time trying to figure out how to get the same effect from there pics. ;)
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

I've taken some odd ones, but as they were almost all due to extreme settings left from the last time I got the camera out which I forgot to change. As such, I've deleted most of them.

Nothing truly wacky, but I've got several shots with conspicuous blurring due to water splashed up from a feisty fish! Also a few shots of fish themselves which were blurred (sometimes extremely so) due to unplanned movement. Some of these turned out to still look quite nice, in a more abstract way. I'll try to remember to post one such picture when I get home today.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Rlown

Sorry, but usually any shot like that would be discarded even before it got down loaded
and if it got by me, it would certainly have been during the down loading phase.
It looks pretty trippy though, reminds me of those posters back in the 60-70's while
people were painting on an LSD trip.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

That prize would go to the series of pics I took on a hike to Chain Lakes. I have no idea how the saturation settings got so out of tweak.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Had that problem as well when i switched to manual mode. The default comp was the culprit.. reset that to -.3 and life was good again.

Before:
P9240004.JPG
After:
P9240002.JPG
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

Is this specific for strange behavior of the camera, or does the behavior of the photographer qualify :unibrow: ?

Not sierra related, but kinda fun anyways
BrianF
Topix Regular

Post by BrianF »

For me it was a dramatic shot of a helicopter coming in on a rescue operation with Santa Barbara and the ocean in the background and somehow the dang camera completely missed the helicopter! Got a run of the mill scenery pic instead. Of course this was back in the day of film so maybe it was the lab's fault.
The direction you are moving in is what matters, not the place you happen to be -Colin Fletcher