Anyone get out for any Fall photography yet?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Anyone get out for any Fall photography yet?

Post by SSSdave »

Hello John,

Actually cyan blue casts on both the relatively color neutral films I mentioned or at least on compact digital cameras I've owned have been slight even from say blue sky morning shadows. During most hours of a day in the field, light is not ideal so it is during those off periods say midday or early and late in shadows when I habitually ramble about exploring landscapes for prospective shots. Thus I've shot informational shots during such off hours for years and have thousands of such info pics. I would challenge anyone to wander about a snowy landscape in such shadows and take a careful look at the color one's eye percieves. It will indeed look rather white with just a very slight bluish cast. Although the human eye adjusts to various color temperatures, if one is purposely aware of light it is easy to notice such casts in the field. Much like sitting indoors under incandescent light. Yeah pages on a book appear white until one with purpose reflects with how yellow cast they actually are. Note I've also been an avid alpine skier for three decades and have carried small cameras throughout those years.
John Dittli
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Anyone get out for any Fall photography yet?

Post by John Dittli »

Exactly!

JD
Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail