8/16/09 Aerial Pictures - Evo Valley Region

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Packtofish
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

8/16/09 Aerial Pictures - Evo Valley Region

Post by Packtofish »

Took some pictures today flying from Aspen to Monterey. Unfortunately, I didn't have my good camera up in the cockpit but they came out OK.

Bishop and the South Lake/North Lake canyon.

Glacier Divide, Desolation Lake(the big one), Humphreys Basin

Puppet Lake, Moon, Steelhead lake.

Evolution valley, Goddard at mid center, Goddard Canyon on the Right

Mt Goddard, Martha Lake on the right plateau.

General shot of the region.

Florence
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Re: 8/16/09 Aerial Pictures - Evo Valley Region

Post by giantbrookie »

Thanks for posting those wonderful photos. If they don't give someone the High Sierra itch, I don't know what would.

This reminds me of a better version of some photos my wife took out of the window of a commercial flight to the East Coast in late July 1995 (or was it 1998?). It had been a very heavy winter and I wasn't sure whether the targets of our big trip that year would be frozen over. Her flight was well timed and her photos covered exactly what we needed to see--the lakes were totally frozen over, so I opted for Plan B.

Getting back to your photos, I'm just thinking of the amazing number of lakes with nice fish in them caught in those views. Wow.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Packtofish
Topix Acquainted

Re: 8/16/09 Aerial Pictures - Evo Valley Region

Post by Packtofish »

giantbrookie wrote:Thanks for posting those wonderful photos. If they don't give someone the High Sierra itch, I don't know what would.

This reminds me of a better version of some photos my wife took out of the window of a commercial flight to the East Coast in late July 1995 (or was it 1998?). It had been a very heavy winter and I wasn't sure whether the targets of our big trip that year would be frozen over. Her flight was well timed and her photos covered exactly what we needed to see--the lakes were totally frozen over, so I opted for Plan B.

Getting back to your photos, I'm just thinking of the amazing number of lakes with nice fish in them caught in those views. Wow.
Every time I fly over I'm amazed at how diverse and large the range is. I put my thumb up to the window and realize the the space covered by it, would take a week to cover on foot. I have flown all over the world and I have not yet been to a spot that has impressed me as much as what we have here in our own backyard. We are very fortunate to be able to travel and explore so easily, one of the finest alpine regions on earth.

I'm headed back to the east coast in the morning. If it's clear I'll try to get some more pictures up tomorrow afternoon.

Dave

PS.....Whomever moved them to the Photography Section, thanks. I was in a hurry and forgot about posting in the right section.