SIERRA INSPIRATION PHOTOTHON!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: SIERRA INSPIRATION PHOTOTHON!

Post by Shawn »

Kind of funny to compare chins photograph as compared to my snapshot. His looks magical, mine looks like...a snapshot.

Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

But Shawn, they're 2 different forms, and yours is no less valid nor less beautiful than his. I love them both.

This is Big 5's, out of Mineral King.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Herm »

Here are a couple of early morning shots from Mesa Lake in Humphreys Basin, looking south toward Glacier Divide, Monday September 13, 2010

I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
Herm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Herm »

OK - Here are a few more.

From a backpack trip with my brother, out of Mineral King in September 2008
From Herm's boot tip to the rocks below is a cool 1,000 feet - feeling a little exposed on the descent from Franklin Pass to Forsester Lake - Tuesday September 9, 2008

This is the view that follows the boot tip in the previous photo - worth the exposure. An unnamed lake in the canyon that holds Amphitheater Lake, seen from the trail descending Franklin Pass to Forester Lake - Tuesday September 9, 2008

Early morning reflection on Forester Lake, looking southwest - Friday September 12, 2008

From a backpack trip with my wife in June 2008, hiking out of Virginia Lakes over the pass to Green Creek Drainage
View of Summit Lake from the trail. Cool meta-sedimentary rocks in the foreground along the trail.

Herm
I am not in a hurry, so don't be hasty.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Bear #76 seen Between Half Dome and Sunrise Creek walking right on the Muir Trail
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Shawn wrote:Kind of funny to compare chins photograph as compared to my snapshot. His looks magical, mine looks like...a snapshot.
he's been playing with his new HDR tools, so magic in a way - more than real in fact, something your eyes would not even see when there.
bheiser1
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by bheiser1 »

ChinMusic wrote:
jthomascarter wrote:A bear? I'd like to read more about the bear story. Please don't keep us guessing.
A bear played soccer with our bear cans about 1am. He got nothing. I guess he didn't like the red light and clicking of my camera as it was continuing to shoot via my intervalometer (I was in my tent quite a ways away). The camera was about 20 feet from the cans. I guess that was too close. The camera continued to shoot for the next couple hours but all the shots were black. ...
Hmmm, wow, interesting. I've thought about this possibility each time I've been camping or backpacking with my camera. Usually I try to keep it far from my food .. maybe near my tent :) ... figuring if a bear messes with it when it's next to my tent, I have bigger worries than whether my camera gets damaged :paranoid: ...
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

I agree. I never say "I can't wait", and it wasn't because I had so much patience. It's just that I was really into now, even when suffering. Now is real. The future is imaginary. I worked for the future a lot, but my feelings are for now.
That's a great bear shot. I have no pictures of a bear. I guess I was alway too wary to take a pic. I saw lots of bears.

Peter Pande Lake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windknot
Topix Fanatic

Post by windknot »

Jthomascarter, I've got a picture of my dad fishing from the exact same spot where your son is at Peter Pande.

It's neat how a lot of us end up literally treading the same paths through the Sierra.
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Windknot - This kind of thing is to me in fact so neat. This kind of thing inspires me.

Something else that always inspired me was to take people into the high sierra who had never been there before. This was a trip that will live strong in their memories for the rest of their lives.
This is Steve and Steve Fisher on the pass between 60 Lake Basin and Gardner Basin (background).