One of my favorite Photo from 2005 that I took

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
wingding

One of my favorite Photo from 2005 that I took

Post by wingding »

Miter Basin:

copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

WOW. That is a gorgeous photo! The shadows REALLY bring out the depth. I wish the weather was that nice the one time I went there (it rained about 2+ cookpot (ie about 8+ inches - literally) and our campsite flooded - leaving almost everything soaked but our bags (which were thankfully buoyant)). I probably took this photo around the same area just before the deluge (doesn't compare to yours though):

Ratboy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Ratboy »

Nice shots, these are a few of my favs from 2005...

Dave - Getting it done, one day at at time.
http://www.dnkrhodes.com
wingding

Post by wingding »

Trailblazer - You sure did get bad weather, but even in clouds Miter Basin is a beautiful area.

Ratboy - nice pictures. You even have one of Dry Lake - that's just up the road from where I live and such a great winter camping spot. I'm going to try to get up there for an overnight trip sometime in the next month.
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

I can see why it's your favorite Kathy!
You should print that one large....so you can hang it up at home and daydream :D
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Really nice photo Kathy!
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

wingding, that's a wingdinger of a shot! Awesome! I LOVE Miter Basin... one of the most spectacular basins in the Sierra.

Ratboy, sweet images!

I LOVE WILDERNESS PHOTOS!!!
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

WD...Thank you for taking me back to Miter Basin! Beautiful picture. That was one of my best trips back in there :D

Trailblazer yours is beautiful with the weather like that! Thats to bad you had bad weather while there. It was blazing hot when I was in there, I remember we all were sitting around at night with no jackets on and still in shorts, it was really strange being that warm at night camped at that elevation.

Ratboy, beautiful pictures you have!
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Oops, I missed Trailblazer's! I can't keep track! ha ha! Amazing Miter shot too, Trailblazer! Seriously good stuff.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Very nice. People talk highly of that area. I've never even driven up the Cottenwood Lakes road as it is at the south end of the Owens so have always been sidetracked before getting that far south. But my topos are penciled up with little marks for taking shots in that basin maybe some day. Have any of you come in crosscountry from the Whitney Trail and then thru Crabtree Pass? Both The Miter and peak 3879 look like they would be interesting shots edgewise from Skyblue or Iridenscent Lakes because they show multiple ragged peaklets on their ridgelines. Also likely lots of red turned arctic willow in the topo swampy stream areas by late August.

...David