One of my favorite Photo from 2005 that I took

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Buck Forester »

Hey SSSDave, I've long had a trip planned to go from Cottonwood Lakes to Miter Basin and over Crabtree Pass down to Crabtree Lakes and over to Trail Pass to Whitney Portal. I've been to Miter Basin a couple times and it is so gorgeous! The topography there is really photogenic. I especially like looking up from Rock Creek just west of (and over the ridge) from the lower Soldier Lake. It's as good as it gets. If you ever wanna hook up for the Crabtree Pass trip, I'd be glad to join ya.
JM21760
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A
Location: Carson City, NV. Former Tahoe South Shore, 25 years.

Post by JM21760 »

Wingding and Trailblazer, kind of cool you were both right in the same location. The large flat rock slab by the creek in the middle ground of your photos confirms that. Good photos! I need to check out this area.
wingding

Miter Basin

Post by wingding »

If I go back to Miter Basin, I wouldn't go in over Cottonwood Pass. It's a long sandy slog from the Cottonwood Pass Trailhead until you get to Rock Creek or Soldier Lake. I came back out over Old Army Pass, which was better but I think getting to Miter Basin via Crabtree Pass would be the most scenic route.