Sierra Photos Part of Permanent Display

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by ifernau »

Windwalker, this is fantastic and well deserved. Your images are awesome.
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Well tomorrow is the big day...

Finally get to see my photos on display in the Courthouse!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

Congrats, Michael...and good luck!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Sierra Maclure
Topix Regular

Post by Sierra Maclure »

Awesome. Such a grand representation of our Sierra. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

WW! Congrats on another job well done! :)
Miss ya- coming out to Death Valley at all this winter???
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Thanks everyone!

There were 225 photos in all by 80 different photographers , so having 27 of my photos in the collection was quite an honor. There is one Supreme Court Justice that has an office in the new Courthouse, both of the photos in his chamber are mine! It was a really exciting day!

Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

Hey Sooz...I'll be in Death Valley sometime between Christmas and New Years Day...looking to do some serious photography...but need a base camp...just like you peak baggers :D
I think there may be a trip forming on TT, Navi signed up as a maybe.
I'll e-mail ya.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Congrats, I envy an experience like that.

Might have to swing by that courthouse someday...well er just for a unofficial visit. How are the photographs identified? I'm guessing they at least have your name on the framed prints. But what else that might help bring traffic to your web site? A one-line description with your name below? Doubt if they let you include a business card? Displaying art in public areas of government buildings often carries with it restrictions concerning any type of advertising beyond a name. However it is ironic that those same places often beg photographers to donate framed prints to them. Thus one see places like the new visitor center in Yosemite Valley where a few photographers like Charles Cramer donated big framed pieces and only have their names on a tiny plaque below. I could have had some work hanging in the Mono Lake Visitor Center but again I complained just having my name below provided too little incentive.

The most important thing for those of us with web sites is getting our work out hanging on walls where the public can see the actual prints. That is because unless one has a national reputation, like a Muench or Rowell etc, people are simply not going to spend several hundred bucks for prints they have never seen. Maybe small art and craft fair priced prints but not big pricy ones. Thus no exhibiting equals very few web customers regardless of how strong one's work is. There is simply too much photography being offered that is printed way too large and thus is not sharp or has digital artifacts that are easily noticeable to astute buyers. Both of which cannot be discerned by simply looking at small web sized pics on a computer. So your getting work in such a location potentially could be important to your business if there is someway for that audience to connect to your website. Just a name on the print is unlikely to help.

Ww I notice tarol is advertising for a New Years DV group camp over in the Backpacker Southwest forums. I would not mind making that very long drive out there if they somehow manage some good rains through February that would sprout up some March wildflowers. ...David