Fighter Jet Photographer Takes Shots In Sequoia NF

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Fighter Jet Photographer Takes Shots In Sequoia NF

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Fighter Jet Photographer Takes Shots In Sequoia NF

Post by austex »

Thanks Mav. He has some great shots. With an aviation background; I appreciate it.
Russ- no A10 or A12.....
RichardCullip
Topix Regular

Post by RichardCullip »

I fondly remember be startled by low flying fighter jets while fishing the Kern River above Kernville. A few were low enough that I felt I could almost touch them with my fly rod. Never tried to get a picture of them since they came and went with remarkable speed.
Life is good. Eternal Life is better!

Richard
bobby49
Topix Fanatic

Post by bobby49 »

On the first time that I was driving in California, I was southbound on US395 south of Olancha. As I stared at the road, I could see a fighter jet coming northbound... on the deck. When it got too close, I veered my car off onto the west shoulder of the road, and the fighter jet screamed on northbound. I later figured out that it was flying the fenceline on the east side of the road. Those jets are flying out of China Lake.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Just outside of Escalante, Utah. A hanging valley.. A herky bird came in low through the gap while we were scouting deer. I like those planes as well as the A10!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

I had 1 old F86D, probably privately owned, scream by at tree level when the roaring river ranger. After that I was always afraid that another flyby would occur when shoeing a horse. It never happened though.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

I had 1 old F86D, probably privately owned, scream by at tree level when the roaring river ranger. After that I was always afraid that another flyby would occur when shoeing a horse. It never happened though. Also once viewed jets flying just above the deck on the way to Death Valley. Coolest thing I saw was on highway 20 east of Bend. Pulled over and watched two jets playing at dog fighting for about 5 minutes before they headed out of sight.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!