Hiking photos Thread

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Hiking photos Thread

Post by fishmonger »

Jessratson wrote:Do you take photos while hiking, why? where do you post them Instagram or Facebook?
I take photos as a form of journal. I don't have any ambitions beyond recording good photos for my own memory. I share where it makes sense like on this forum. I choose not to use Facebook or Facebook-owned services like Instagram, for anything. Same goes for all other social data mining platforms.
maiathebee
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maiathebee »

I take them to remember the trip by, and because it's fun. I post them here in TRs, on fb, and on my very neglected blog ( http://www.plutoniclove.com ). For more momentous trips that I've done with friends, I make little softcover books using blurb and give them to friends as presents. It's fun to have those laying on the coffee table.
oh hey! you're reading my signature.
that's nice. want to check out my blog?
here it is: plutoniclove.com
ig: @plutonic_love
Rotovsky
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by Rotovsky »

How often do you share pics during your journey? Do you look over taken photos together?
Jessratson
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Post by Jessratson »

Well, I don't share photos while hiking, I post them in Instagram or where else once I get back to civilization)