Sunset At Yosemite Lake

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Sunset At Yosemite Lake

Post by Hikin Mike »

Not quite Yosemite, but close enough for me right now...

My wife and I decided to go out to Yosemite Lake in Merced California for sunset. It was 7:15 pm and I wanted to be there already. We got half way there and I forgot my CF Card…oh great! I thought about just going back home and go some other time, but I haven’t been out with my wife in a long time, so we went back to the house and got my CF Card. Got there about 8 PM…almost too dark. My wife saw a nice place to shoot. I had to hurry, so I just stayed in the car…the wheelchair takes too much time.

I decided to try some HDR shots. I quickly composed one shot and took 24 shots. The wind was a factor, so I didn’t do a HDR. Instead I processed 3 different shots and blended them in CS2.

Like I said, this was more of a test or an outing than I thought-out shoot. I plan on going back again, this time with my CF Card and some more time so I can get out of the van and “exploreâ€
Shawn
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Shawn »

Mike -

Great photo; I really like all of the color and the lighting.
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Glad you decided to see it through Mike. How far is this from your house? Looks like a nice place to just go out and enjoy the day.
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

CSF wrote:Glad you decided to see it through Mike. How far is this from your house? Looks like a nice place to just go out and enjoy the day.
About 10 miles. :D