Yosemite :)

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
Windwalker
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Windwalker »

hikerduane wrote:Thanks. The dogwoods here are close. That fern, is that the upside down variety?:)
Yep...ferns are always upside down in reflections ;)
Windwalker
Founding Member

Post by Windwalker »

We went out to the meadows at 3:00 AM to take a crack at a Moonbow shot. This one was pretty clear but severley underexposed so there is a lot of noise. It's kind of hard to manually focus in the dark and then guess how long to leave the shutter open. We had a 1.5 hour window of opportunity and i only managed 4 exposures, guess I need to work on my night time photography skills ;)

Would love to try again sometime!

ifernau
Topix Regular

Post by ifernau »

Wow :eek: :eek: Those are beautiful. I have seen bears several times, but have not been lucky enough to get a shot that was not blurred or so far away that only I knew it was a bear.

Someday.......
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Fabulous shots again Michael. Love the bears! Great attempt at the night shot too! I love trying my hand at these shots, they are so fun and so hard.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Very nice. You have quite the collection of peewee cascades Michael. Fair chance I might be in the valley next Sunday unless we get more into a couple other areas further north. ...David
CSF
Topix Acquainted

Post by CSF »

Lookin good Michael. Isn't night photography fun!!? I've really come to enjoy doing it. It can be humbling at first, especially when you forget your watch and a flashlight!!