Mountaintop 360 panoramas

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
tie
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Mountaintop 360 panoramas

Post by tie »

Thank you everyone. I didn't mean to break any rules. I wasn't aware of the regulations, and I am taking down the photos.

I agree that I don't want to disturb anyone. When I took these there was certainly nobody within thousands of feet vertical elevation, and probably at least a mile horizontally (though I couldn't really say). And it's a small drone, so once it is ~30-50 feet up, even I can't hear it. I'm confident that I didn't disturb anyone, by sound or sight.

It's too bad. You definitely can't get anything like these views from ground level; see the Whitney shot for an example. You could get slightly closer by using a long, carbon-fiber fishing pole (e.g., this 11-meter pole with 8 sections, available in the UK) or perhaps hanging a camera off a very large kite. Then you'd have to use a dedicated 360 degree camera instead of stitching, so for decent (but still worse) quality you're looking at around $2500, but I guess the price should drop in a few years.
Harlen
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mountaintop 360 panoramas

Post by Harlen »

I am taking down the photos.
Damn! We sure loved those images especially the ones from the top of Banner, Red Slate, Volcanic Knob?, Four Gables, and on and on. They are all simply wonderful images- can you share some more of these from other areas "Tie?" All the best, the Harlens.
Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.