Short YouTube video of my Mt. Sill summit on 6/29/17

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
illyav
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Short YouTube video of my Mt. Sill summit on 6/29/17

Post by illyav »

Hello again everyone,

I'd like to share a short video I made of my Mt. Sill trip in June. Happy trails all!

[youtube_vid]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iBzcpJhNHGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube_vid]
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: Short YouTube video of my Mt. Sill summit on 6/29/17

Post by maverick »

Cool video, good informative views in it to that part of the Palisades and into SEKI, congrats on the fun climb. How was Pali Glacier? :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
illyav
Topix Acquainted

Re: Short YouTube video of my Mt. Sill summit on 6/29/17

Post by illyav »

Thanks maverick! It was fun despite the snow travel, though the snow made the scenery more beautiful. Pali Glacier was covered in snow still but the lake below it was thawing out fast. I slept just west of Mt. Gayley and hiked/ scrambled near the bottom of the ridge connecting it to Mt. Sill so I didn't traverse the glacier. Here is a picture of it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.