Ediza Lake

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Ediza Lake

Post by maverick »

As some of you are aware, I do professional photography for a living, at least partially, and mostly of the Sierra. It has been a while since sharing a fine art piece with you here on HST, so at this time, I would like to share this very special piece with you.

Have you heard of this lake or visited Ediza Lake before? As many of you know, it is one of the crown jewels of the Sierra, but as many photographers know, mother nature rarely presents us with all those special little extras, which produce a masterpiece, that stands out from the rest, and more importantly compliments the subject matter adequately, but this piece captures the area in all its glory.

This was taken during a several day photography outing to the Minarets area of the Sierra, there were numerous storms during this trip, and after arriving on day 5 to the Ediza area, I was presented with one of the most spectacular sailor's sunrises I have ever witnessed.

Ediza and the inlet creek were on fire, the granite on the left, bottom, and right side of the art piece are kissed by the subtle red light bouncing off the monstrous clouds above, and the beautiful texture of the granite around the lake, with sprinkles of snow on the right, all add to this once in a lifetime piece. One can also see the trail beneath my position, in the center near the lake, and the cloud build up with the circular motion, adds even more to the drama, especially the funnel form of the cloud above Ediza.

Click on the piece to get a larger view, but don't expect it to be crystal sharp (on purpose) or for the colors and brightness to be exact, most monitors are not calibrated, so these factors will vary.

My fine art pieces are all done on aluminum, a 3D look, it makes the photo's come alive, like you are right there witnessing it all yourself. If you are looking for some professional fine art pieces for your home or office to invest in, drop me a PM.

Dante's Inferno:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
anotherdogdown17
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Re: Ediza Lake

Post by anotherdogdown17 »

Spectacular!
I have no other words.
Shawn
Topix Fanatic

Post by Shawn »

That is an amazing photo Maverick. Having stood in the same spot makes it even more incredible.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

it's very nice. Pink sunset had more meaning to me. Maybe that's the point.. relativity.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Absolutely beautiful Maverick. You should share this over on the RCL site.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
The Other Tom
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by The Other Tom »

Stunning. Aptly named too.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict

Post by AlmostThere »

Do you have an online presence from whence you sell the art, or does one have to come over to Mammoth to your storefront? I am looking for Sierra specific pieces for my office.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Do you have an online presence from whence you sell the art, or does one have to come over to Mammoth to your storefront? I am looking for Sierra specific pieces for my office.
Will send you AT a private link to my on-line gallery with prices included. Thank for your interest. :)

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
cslaght
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by cslaght »

Very beautiful!!
"The mountains are calling, but can't find my phone"

Charles
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Thank you for everyone's wonderful comment, much appreciated. :)
You should share this over on the RCL site.
Thanks for the recommendation, just wanting to give my fellow members here a look at this one and see if anyone was looking for some Sierra artwork to hang. :)