GoPro video of early September Mt. Williamson summit

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
illyav
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

GoPro video of early September Mt. Williamson summit

Post by illyav »

Hello all,

Here is a video I made with highlights of my trip up Mt. Williamson this month:

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: GoPro video of early September Mt. Williamson summit

Post by maverick »

Hi Illyav,

Welcome to HST! Thanks for sharing you cool video. This was the West Face route, right?
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
psykokid
Topix Regular

Post by psykokid »

Nice video! Thanks for taking the time to put it together and posting it here.

I'm going to be heading up that way in 2 weeks on a peakbagging trip and Williamson is on the list so the bit going up the chimney was nice to see from a POV perspective.
illyav
Topix Acquainted

Post by illyav »

Hello maverick, thanks for your welcome, this is a great site you got here. Yes I went up the West Face, awesome experience!

Hey, no problem psykokid. Now that I have a GoPro camera I plan on sharing more of my wilderness experiences on YouTube. The chimney was really fun. I didn't know that once you get to the top of the chimney you're supposed to arch around the boulder field and find the trail leading up to the summit on the southern side. Me and another guy went straight up the boulders, then saw the summit to the south of us and scrambled over. I guess that's the more adventurous route lol, that's where I found the elevated flat rocks right before the summit clip. Have fun! Williamson was a great adventure.