60 lakes basin - revisited

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

60 lakes basin - revisited

Post by copeg »

Over the last few months, since I bought a slide scanner, I've been slowly re-scanning and re-processing some 'old' (well, not really that old) slides from backpacking trips. Slowly but surely I'll make it through them and put them online. I uploaded a few from a trip in 2001 I took to 60 Lakes Basin. I'm kinda remodelling the site and the format is new, so I hope things work...if not let me know. Also appreciate feedback on the format (or the photos :) ) . It does require javascript to individually view the photos in the 'viewer' webpage. I hope to add a 'slideshow' feature in the near future.
http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~cope/photo/ ... Lakes.html
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by MountainMinstrel »

Great shots Trailblazer. I liked the last one the best. The only thing that I think you need is some type of navigation on the "viewer" page that would let us go to the previous or next image. That way we don't have to go back to the home page. A slideshow would obviously make that less important though.

ken
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
copeg

Post by copeg »

MountainMinstrel wrote:Great shots Trailblazer. I liked the last one the best. The only thing that I think you need is some type of navigation on the "viewer" page that would let us go to the previous or next image. That way we don't have to go back to the home page. A slideshow would obviously make that less important though.

ken
Thanks so much ken! What you suggest about the navigation is kind of what I meant when I said 'slideshow' - probably the wrong terminology on my part. It should be easy to do...just need to make the time to do it ;)
doug395
Founding Member

Post by doug395 »

Looks good Greg, looking around your site, really like that image of Tunitas Beach; I can hear the river, smell the ocean and feel the light, very cool. What scanner did you get. I got a Nikon scanner a few months ago and was going to re-do everything until I got distracted with the 5D.

Here’s a few images scanned on the Nikon:

http://www.dmphotography.smugmug.com/ga ... #123791029
copeg

Post by copeg »

doug395 wrote:Looks good Greg, looking around your site, really like that image of Tunitas Beach; I can hear the river, smell the ocean and feel the light, very cool. What scanner did you get. I got a Nikon scanner a few months ago and was going to re-do everything until I got distracted with the 5D.

Here’s a few images scanned on the Nikon:

http://www.dmphotography.smugmug.com/ga ... #123791029
Thanks Doug! Appreciate the comments on the Tunitas Beach shot too. I got the Nikon V ED scanner a few months ago...I can finally go through those old velvia slides, although I wish I had a 5D to distract me :nod: Love those scanned images you posted
Hikin Mike
Founding Member

Post by Hikin Mike »

Looks good Greg!