2015 HST SWAG PHOTO CONTEST!!!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

2015 HST SWAG PHOTO CONTEST!!!

Post by ERIC »

Hope you all read this thread and are prepared! Reviving an old tradition here at HST with a best photo contest. The theme this time is "HST Swag".

Before anything else, you should know how to post photos to this site. If you don't, please read this sticky thread that tells you how. Also, please do not post discussion here. Discussion should be directed to the "2015 HST SWAG Photo Contest Discussion" thread so this one is reserved for entries and stays clean.

Prizes (and accolades) – provided by yours truly.
--> First prize is $50 gift card to REI plus a HST t-shirt, plus bragging rights!
--> Second prize is a HST patch and 2 HST stickers
--> Third prize is 2 HST stickers

SUBMISSION RULES -

1) Submissions are restricted to a 3 photo maximum (in a single post), per member - posted here in this thread. Member submissions may be substituted at anytime up until the submission deadline. This contest is open to all members and admin/mod staff (excluding me).
2) Photos must have been captured within the Sierra Nevada
3) Photos must have been taken within the past 5 years and may be photos already posted elsewhere in the community.
4) High Sierra Topix (HST) branded swag (i.e. patches, stickers, shirts, etc.) must be prominently situated within all photos submitted.
5) Deadline for submissions is December 31, 2015.
6) When posting, clearly title each photo you submit.
7) Submissions must comply with privacy, terms and conditions of HST
8) If fewer than four members submit qualified photos the contest will be terminated.

NOMINATIONS -

1) Beginning January I will accept nominations from the group of photos submitted by title and photographer name to be included in the final vote (further instructions to follow).
2) Only one photo nomination per member will be accepted, and you cannot vote for your own photos.
3) Only up to the Top 10 nominated photos will be included in the final poll. It is possible a single photographer may have more than one photo make it into the final 10. If ties occur, the photo which was nominated first (time stamp of the email or PM) will be selected - so get your nominations in early!

FINAL VOTE -

1) The final vote will be conducted using a simple poll thread in this forum. Each of the 10 highest nominated photos will be reposted to the poll thread for easy evaluation.
2) The voting process will close the day when Tioga Pass officially opens
3) If two photos tie for 1st or 2nd place, a one week runoff poll will serve as the tie-breaker.

** NOTE: To keep this thread clean and reserve the space for photo submissions only, please direct all discussion/questions to the "2015 HST SWAG Photo Contest Discussion" thread...Thus only photos, titles, and name of photographer here.

GOOD LUCK!
ERIC
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
schmalz
Topix Expert

Re: 2015 HST SWAG PHOTO CONTEST!!!

Post by schmalz »

Scallywag
callhst.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://CaliTrails.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://facebook.com/calitrails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
starankle hiker
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by starankle hiker »

Peaches guarding the grub

Good morning Banner
Last edited by starankle hiker on Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

All three pictures are from my August 2015 hike from Agnew Meadow to Yosemite Valley.

Donohue Pass, looking back.

Donohue Pass, break time.

Clouds Rest
I had lost the pinback from my Yosemite pin that held my patch to my backpack so I just stuck it to the hat for the picture.
Last edited by gary c. on Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Bluewater
Topix Expert

Post by Bluewater »

Including cool backpacking dogs should be considered an unfair advantage :)

Kaweah Peaks from Island Lake:
Kaweah Peaks from Island Lake.JPG
Deadman Canyon from Peak 12,345:
Deadman Canyon from Peak 12,345.JPG
Peak 12,345:
Great Western Divide from Coppermine Peak.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bluewater on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

The sticker on the can in the first image is a little far off, but with a panorama like that, well it's just what happens. Printed 10 feet wide, you'll be able to read every sticker on the can :)

Evolution Sunset

Soaked at Senger

Cold morning at 11,300 feet