2014 Sierra Hike

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

2014 Sierra Hike

Post by RoguePhotonic »

It occurred to me today that last year I had been posting weeks of photos when I got them up but I guess I just forgot this year so here is weeks 1-6:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Week 6
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Re: 2014 Sierra Hike

Post by RoguePhotonic »

afahrland
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by afahrland »

Thanks Rogue, I always enjoy your photos...sat down and went through these over my cup of morning coffee. :thumbsup:
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

afahrland wrote:...sat down and went through these over my cup of morning coffee. :thumbsup:
Yep. A nice break away from work yesterday. Thanks, Rogue!
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
Hikin Mike
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Hikin Mike »

Enjoyed the photos!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Very cool photo's, I gather you did not care for the route from Goddard to Rambaud. :D
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Cross Country
Topix Fanatic

Post by Cross Country »

Rouge - you are the man. Not hype but the truth.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Very cool photo's, I gather you did not care for the route from Goddard to Rambaud.
Oh it was horrible on an industrial level. We thought that angling up the hill side to avoid getting sucked into the major brush lower down Goddard Creek might be the answer. Boy were we wrong! The entire hill side is a scrub oak forest so thick it's almost impenetrable. Combine that with the heat of low altitude and an extremely steep hill side that never lets up. I took to following game trails where ever possible. Then 8 foot high willows, stinging nettle, prickly currants and what I call prickly ball bush. Lastly a good 4000 foot up to our lake and it was horrible. After 2 layover days before doing it we had to take another after. I will never do that again for sure!

I actually enjoy camping in Goddard Creek where Disappearing Creek comes down because it's a fairly open forest with a healthy bear population and I just get that feeling of being somewhere remote. I probably wont ever be back there either though.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Thanks for sharing, Rogue. I enjoyed the photos and the opportunity to vicariously accompany your amazing journey.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Rogue,

Which 5 location, from a purely photographers perspective, comes immediately
to mind from your last few summers?
I understand that a special event, like a beautiful sunset, can make a less than
desirable place special, but please try to take these emotional aspects out of the
equation when making your choices Rogue.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org