Pot of Gold?

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Pot of Gold?

Post by SSSdave »

A wet balmy storm had moved from the southwest across the range on Sunday afternoon October 1 that turned a bit colder at night delivering a nice dusting of snow atop the peaks above 11k. Monday and Tuesday mornings were probably the best day this fall for photographing the changing aspen above North Lake on Bishop Creek because on Tuesday night a strong wind from another approaching front came up that blew quite a bit of the aspen leaves off trees over the following day. Tuesday had nice calm for awhile in the morning for reflections of the big aspen grove across the lake while Monday was rather blustery with snow showers bellowing over the crest until later morning. I'd spent Sunday night legally dispersed camping inside my Subaru down in the sagebrush elevations and as I was getting my gear together beside the road thereabouts, I noticed a white SUV zipping up the highway. A bit later I arrived at North Lake and in chilly 32 degree temp noticed the same SUV parked near the south outlet shore. Yes there I met one of our forum friends here on the board. A bit later this person got out their pick and shovel then wandered off towards the far side of the lake. In the mean time I had gone around to the northeast shore to climb up higher on the ridge. It was too windy to bother working the wavy waters of the lake. There on the other side I noticed a snow-rainbow with this person digging down where the rainbow pointed to a spot on the ground. ;) ...David

wingding

Post by wingding »

just beautiful Dave!
ifernau
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by ifernau »

Dave,
It was great meeting you. Did not find the gold I was digging for. That dam leprechaun you told me about cheeted me! Did get some great shots of the "snow bow"
Inge
Capture the Scene of the Light

Unless you’re prepared to expect the unexpected, you’re likely to miss capturing nature’s finest moments.(Galen Rowell)
http://ifernau.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ifernau/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Great shot Dave. That is really cool.