Comparometer - imaging-resource

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Comparometer - imaging-resource

Post by SSSdave »

Will point members here that are not aware of to this camera comparison resource I am looking at this evening:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Select cameras for each pane then mouse select each so they will zoom out to full sizes.

Last week pre-ordered the Sony A6000 24mp APS-c mirrorless with 3 lenses and a flash for about $1.7k. Has been quite talked up on digital camera sites during the recent period. This page is useful for comparing all manner of different brands and models. Not quite apples to apples though because at the same ISO settings some images display at a different scale that tends to make a more magnified image look more distinct. The camera I ought to be receiving in a couple weeks compares well against the same pixel count Nikon D800 and looks better than many of the more famous though somewhat dated full frame DSLRs.

Was sort of forced to buy into a new system because my Canon G10 lens received a lens scratch somehow last fall though not sure when that is causing some unacceptable flare. I've had it several years the outside case looks rather heavily used and even without the lens scratch there is quite a bit of tiny stuff inside the so-called sealed lens areas that have found their way to lens surfaces. The G10 has served me well as there is nothing out there to compete at wide angle close focus deep depth of field. In any case am not going to using my Wisner Expedition 4x5 view camera any less for serious larger detail landscapes but the new camera is going to allow some work I have not been able to do given current state of HDR blending of bracketed exposures, stitching, and other software tricks.

In fact Sunday drove out to the lower Merced River canyon where I exposed 3 sheets of Provia on this poppy scene. This is just a G10 pic for the record hand held.

David
larroyo33
Topix Acquainted

Re: Comparometer - imaging-resource

Post by larroyo33 »

It should be a great camera. I absolutely love my Sony NEX-7. It is great to have a DLSR quality camera for less than half the weight.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

Useful to know someone else on this board has a model in the same family, thanks. A reason I went with the A6000 was because so many like you thought highly of the A7 though that model has some additional features.
SSSdave
Topix Addict

Post by SSSdave »

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/20 ... sony-a6000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

snippet:

To give a little numerical context, the A6000 currently sees almost three times more clicks than the next three most popular cameras on our site over the past few months, the Olympus E-M10, Sony RX100 II and the Pentax K3. And it draws almost four times as many views as the highly regarded Fujifilm X-T1, Olympus Stylus 1, Sony A7, Panasonic GM1 and the Canon G16.