Photographers, help me out with this one!

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
mountaineer
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Photographers, help me out with this one!

Post by mountaineer »

I took this on Thursday morning after the storm blew through. It looks like the image is slanting when taking the shoreline into account. Is it really slanting or does it just look like it is due to the right edge of the shore line being closer to the viewer? Thanks for your help on this.

Edit: Thanks to help from Maverick, I straightened the image. The top one is the straightened image and the bottom one is the original.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mountaineer on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: Photographers, help me out with this one!

Post by The Other Tom »

If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed anything. Now that the idea is in my head, it maybe looks a little slanted.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

The Other Tom wrote:If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have noticed anything. Now that the idea is in my head, it maybe looks a little slanted.
Thanks! LOL! You have helped me immensely. I just won't say anything then. :)
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I have that problem at times where a slant whether real or an illusion is a distraction in the over all composition. I often just tilt the image enough to remove the problem.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

RoguePhotonic wrote:I have that problem at times where a slant whether real or an illusion is a distraction in the over all composition. I often just tilt the image enough to remove the problem.
The problem is, I don't know how to tilt it. I have ACDSee 4.0 and PS Elements 2.0.
Stevehymon
Topix Acquainted

Post by Stevehymon »

It's not crooked! Don't mess with it! It's a great photo; order a print and step away from your computer before you mess it up!

Steve
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Honestly that photo I do not see a problem with it. It's great. I don't know how to do it without a program that does all these things. I have been using lightroom for along time now.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

Stevehymon wrote:It's not crooked! Don't mess with it! It's a great photo; order a print and step away from your computer before you mess it up!

Steve

Thank you! I WOULD mess it up because once the image is off the camera I have no idea what I am doing! I know how to resize and sharpen a little bit and that is it.
mountaineer
Founding Member

Post by mountaineer »

RoguePhotonic wrote:Honestly that photo I do not see a problem with it. It's great. I don't know how to do it without a program that does all these things. I have been using lightroom for along time now.
Thank you. You are an encouragement. I was told once that I have one ear lower than the other, maybe that is messing up my leveling ability with my eyes. :)
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Mountaineer,

Yes, it is very slightly off tilt. PM sent.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org