Warm Up Your Day

Topics covering photography and videography of the flora, fauna and landscape of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Show off your talent. Post your photos and videos here!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Warm Up Your Day

Post by maverick »

with the Golden Colors of our Sierra Aspens! :)
Grove along Rock Creek, click to enlarge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
tomba
Topix Regular

Re: Warm Up Your Day

Post by tomba »

Glowing against the deep blue sky.
-- Found trash? Please pack it out. Thank you.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

Beautiful!
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
AaronRDavis
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by AaronRDavis »

Just made this my wallpaper. Thank you for sharing. Do you have a website with more of your photographs?
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Just made this my wallpaper.
I appreciate your enthusiam Aaron, but please don't do that, these photo's are copyright protected!

Will be happy to PM you my online gallery link, and then you can purchase a beautiful art piece, up to 40" X 60", printed on aluminum, and ready to hang. :)

Thanks Gary!

Yes Tomba, the essence of Fall, Gold & Blue! :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
AaronRDavis
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by AaronRDavis »

maverick wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:46 am
Just made this my wallpaper.
I appreciate your enthusiam Aaron, but please don't do that, these photo's are copyright protected!
Understood, and thank you.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Post by SSSdave »

Similar back lit 4x5 film image above taken in 2005 at Hope Valley. Although many of my images posted online have copyright notices at bottom right borders, I am fine with anyone posting hot links to those images as long as they also provide an URL as credit. Of course though technically illegal hot linking such is a gray area, few have concerns about others linking so too as it is part of what makes the Internet useful and valuable. And also am fine with anyone for personal use, using without asking, those images for monitor wall paper or printing them out. The reason is they are such small downsized images as to be trivial. I never post full or large pictures of valuable images because they are too easily illegally copied while as a peon not having the legal ability of a team of lawyers to do anything about such like say a corporate stock image web site.