shuttles

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
korkwood
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

shuttles

Post by korkwood »

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Planning backpack on Aug 14 starting at North Lake and coming out at South Lake...if I get permits. If not I reserved Pine creek from Pine creek trailhead for same dates, may add Paiute trail coming out at North lake if I am lucky
So I will need shuttle and tried to find someone in Bishop serving this need but no luck.
I might take a bike and ride from South lake to North Lake to get my car but not sure it's a good idea being tired after backpack and having to climb to North Lake. Won't make it to Pine creek trailhead for sure. Any advice is welcome including swapping rides
Leon
LightRanger
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: shuttles

Post by LightRanger »

Search around the site. I did the other day, for the exact same reason, and found that this comes up on a yearly basis. Our solution, when we come out at South Lake on the 3rd, is going to be waving a 20 in one hand and a thumb out on the other.

Sent from a tricorder using Tapatalk
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Hi Korkwood,

Welcome to HST! Please try using the "Search" feature at the top of each section, you
should find an abundance of info on this and many other subjects.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

LightRanger wrote:Sent from a tricorder using Tapatalk
Clever. :)
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix