Car Pool/Car Swap? HST (Crescent to Whitney Portal)Aug 28-Se

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
smitty88
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Car Pool/Car Swap? HST (Crescent to Whitney Portal)Aug 28-Se

Post by smitty88 »

Hi All,

I'm planning a solo trek of the HST from West to East (Crescent Meadow to Whitney Portal). I'll be starting Aug 27th and exiting Sept 2 or 3. I'm hoping that there might be someone headed East to West and we can exchange keys and transport each others vehicles to the trail head opposite. If not, I'm all for options of Car Pool, rideshare, or paying you to transport my vehicle. Thanks!

Smitty
Last edited by smitty88 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Car Pool/Car Swap? HST (Crescent to Whitney Portal)Aug 27-Se

Post by maverick »

Hi Smitty,

Welcome to HST! Wish you luck in finding someone.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org