Place to stash car in Madera

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
bdevlin
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Place to stash car in Madera

Post by bdevlin »

Anyone know of a good place to a car? I am meeting my friends coming down from Sacramento and I am coming from San Jose.
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Place to stash car in Madera

Post by AlmostThere »

When we carpool from Fresno, we leave cars in each other's driveways. Might be ok parking someplace that's open 24-7, but we have had cars towed from public lots while carpooling to dayhikes (car is there less than 12 hours). Stores hire security to monitor lots and getting the car out of impound is expensive.

Google park and rides along highway 99. Or call ahead to a hotel in the area and ask if it's okay if you leave a car in their lot. I did that once in Bakersfield, worked ok.
The hermit
Topix Regular

Post by The hermit »

I must have missed something. Why not just drive up to sac. Seems alot closer. Takes what an hour and a half. Or better yet have them pick you up. Not that bad of a detour. Just my 2 cents
Last edited by The hermit on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bdevlin
Topix Acquainted

Post by bdevlin »

Gilroy to Sac then Sac to King's Canyon. That would be silly IMO. I think the Hotel idea should work.