Edison Lake Ferry

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
jfnr
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Edison Lake Ferry

Post by jfnr »

I posted pretty much the same thing on the transportation forum, however, I thought I would post here as well. I was up @ Edison last weekend. The lake is still as low as it was last September. I spoke with Jim and he is not optimistic about the ferry running this year. Things could change, so I would keep my eye on the VVR website and Facebook page. In my opinion, a zero day @ the VVR is well worth the extra six miles on the lake trail. Please support the VVR if possible.

I ran into this crazy guy named Rouge Photronic who roams around the Sierra all summer long. And to beat all... this is not the first time I have run across this guy in the backcountry. I went up Bear Creek a few miles and, besides the creek rolling hard, it looks like late season. I think this will be a great season. I hope everyone has a safe year. And, keep your eye out for that Rouge guy, he is really out there. Kinda like Bigfoot.
Carne_DelMuerto
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Edison Lake Ferry

Post by Carne_DelMuerto »

Posted on VVR's Facebook page this morning:
The Edison Queen is in the water operating mornings only! Leaving VVR at 9 am and picking up on the other side of the lake at 9:45 am. Spread the word!
Wonder is rock and water and the life that lives in-between.