cost of shuttle bus?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
whrdafamI?
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

cost of shuttle bus?

Post by whrdafamI? »

Anyone know what this costs for shuttle bus from Mammoth to Agnew Meadows? Have heard 2 different prices so far.
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: cost of shuttle bus?

Post by markskor »

Last year I took it once - down, and they charged $7 per person - good for one day only (unlimited use?)...and there was a stamp on the stub saying that I had purchased the ticket on top.

Not returning the same way, I gave the still "open" ticket to another hiker - coming up.
Mountainman who swims with trout
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Unless it has been raised it's 7 dollars. The ticket is good for a single trip down and back up. Any shuttle rides around the lower valley are free though.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Looks like still $7. http://www.nps.gov/depo/planyourvisit/f ... ations.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
tim
Topix Expert

Post by tim »

What wasn't clear is whether you have to pay twice if you are going in for an overnight backpacking trip and so don't leave the valley the same day. Anyone know? It seems that might be an incentive to drive in before 7am if you have a family trip planned (as we do this summer).
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

As far as I know it's good for one way no matter how much time goes by. This covers people that go down and backpack in for a week. You do not need to pay again when you leave.
whrdafamI?
Topix Regular

Post by whrdafamI? »

Thank you all for the replies!
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
FeetFirst
Topix Regular

Post by FeetFirst »

From the "Reds Meadow / Agnew Meadows Shuttle fee schedule:"

"Mandatory Shuttle Passes, Wilderness Hikers, $7 per person. This one time fee is good for the duration of stay in the valley - based on wilderness permit."

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOC ... 196805.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm still rather convinced that you can achieve more than you've ever dreamed of if you just lower your standards.