Visalia/Fresno to Florence or Thomas Edison

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Guy Cooper
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Visalia/Fresno to Florence or Thomas Edison

Post by Guy Cooper »

Hi,

I am working on logistics for the hike of my lifetime (JMT from Thomas Edison or Florence to Crabtree, then x-country west through the Kaweahs and out to Crescent Meadow). I am trying to figure out a way to get up to Thomas Edison or Florence, then I'll be taking the shuttle from Sequoia back down to Visalia. Anyone heading up toward Florence or Thomas Edison this weekend (Aug 9,10, or 11) and would be willing to pick me up in or near the Visalia/Fresno area? It would be much appreciated and I would be happy to pay for gas. Let me know! Thanks,

Matt
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: Visalia/Fresno to Florence or Thomas Edison

Post by gary c. »

Vermillion Valley Resort at Edison Lake offers a shuttle to Fresno. You might want to contact them. They have a web page and a facebook page.

http://www.edisonlake.com/component/con ... no-and-vvr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray