SR120, SR89, SR108, SR4 all closed this Monday afternoon

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

SR120, SR89, SR108, SR4 all closed this Monday afternoon

Post by SSSdave »

Yes indeed this weldome late spring storm has closed Tioga Pass, Sonora Pass, Ebbetts Pass, and Monitor Pass this afternoon though al will open up not long after the sun comes out. Snow level down to 5500 feet in Yosemite region. Can see some some on trees from Sentinel Dome webcam. Goes to show how one can readily be snowed on this time of year.

Decades ago I noted a rigourous storm coming first week of June, so got a permit, then pre storm hiked out to a legal distance behind Daff Dome. That night received 11 inches of light fluff that I walked through quite a long ways in my Sorrrels the next morning in 15F degree temps taking pics with my 35mm OM-4T of that day. Next day much had melted up from the warm ground and I readily walked out.