CREST bus from Lone Pine now connects to YARTS in Mammoth

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

CREST bus from Lone Pine now connects to YARTS in Mammoth

Post by fishmonger »

this is important for those JMTer's who leave their car in Yosemite. No more layover in Mammoth

http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum ... #Post83846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Re: CREST bus from Lone Pine now connects to YARTS in Mammoth

Post by maverick »

This is really good news it will make things so much more convenient for a lot of people.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Whiplash
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by Whiplash »

Does anyone have the link to the new schedule I tried the Yarts and Crest websites, but nothing on either one of them about the new schedule.
fishmonger
Topix Fanatic

Post by fishmonger »

Whiplash wrote:Does anyone have the link to the new schedule I tried the Yarts and Crest websites, but nothing on either one of them about the new schedule.
not posted yet. what has changed is that the YARTS bus actually leaves later - 8:20am at the McDonalds in Mammoth. Not sure if it leaves at that time on all weekdays, even Wednesday when the CREST bus doesn't run.