Local Shuttles in Mammoth?

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Mike McGuire
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Local Shuttles in Mammoth?

Post by Mike McGuire »

I will soon be doing a trip out of Mary Lake over Duck Pass, down Fish Creek, and out to Reds Meadow. Car will be left at Mary Lake. Reds Meadow shuttle will get me up to the base lodge for the ski area. The question is how to get back to Mary Lake to get the car. I thought there was a local bus service in Mammoth, but googling Mammoth + transit doesn't give a clear answer. Does anybody know??

thanks
Mike
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Local Shuttles in Mammoth?

Post by Snow Nymph »

:thumbsup:

I don't think they have bus service that goes there. You can try hitching a ride. We did that from Whitney to Mammoth after doing the JMT, and got a ride all the way to Mammoth Mountain Inn. There's a taxi service (760) 924-2227
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mike McGuire
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: Local Shuttles in Mammoth?

Post by Mike McGuire »

Been there, done the trip, and the shuttles worked out OK. From the main lodge up on the mountain, there was the mountain bike shuttle which descends essentially empty. It got us to Main St and Minaret Rd. Non-bikers ride free on a space available basis. Might be tough going the other direction. From there after a half hour wait was the free Lakes shuttle which got us to the entrance of Coldwater Campground about half a mile from my car at the far end, which was quite close enough.

Mike