Parking in Bishop

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
dharter
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Parking in Bishop

Post by dharter »

I would like to drop a rental car in Bishop for 8-9 days while I hike the JMT from Mammoth Lakes to Bishop Pass and out. Is there somewhere in Bishop to safely leave a vehicle for that length of time? I would not object ot paying a fee for a secure parking place since I will be leaving some equipment in the car for the second half of my trip.
Thanks.
Doug
Doug
Baffman
Topix Regular

Post by Baffman »

I have two sisters in Bishop that I can ask if you don't find anyone.

Baff
dharter
Topix Acquainted

Re: Parking in Bishop

Post by dharter »

Baff,
Looks like I will be heading from Bishop to Whitney beginning August 28th. Arriving in Vegas at 10am on the 27th - mapquest says it 4.5 hours to Bishop. Hope to pick up my permit late day on the 27th, drop the car, and get a ride out to South Lake trailhead. If your sisters can help with that or put me in touch with someone who could (I would be willing to pay, of course) I'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Doug
Doug