Upcoming Forum Upgrades - Complete

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
SSSdave
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Re: Upcoming Forum Upgrades - Complete

Post by SSSdave »

Was hoping for a thread button addition indicating approval of other's posts. Such a function tends to be actuated much more by an audience versus bothering to create a post saying thank you for your input. And that also helps show how the general membership feels about whatever is posted.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

You're welcome Russ and Tom.
SSSdave wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:35 am Was hoping for a thread button addition indicating approval of other's posts. Such a function tends to be actuated much more by an audience versus bothering to create a post saying thank you for your input. And that also helps show how the general membership feels about whatever is posted.
Dave, understand the desire for this feature but we're taking this one step at a time. This upgrade alone was a multi-version leap forward on the back-end and until some other things get iron'd out, there are no plans to start modifying the default behavior
schmalz
Topix Expert

Post by schmalz »

Can you provide any info on the tech stack for this page? I'm curious what's running behind the scenes.
http://CaliTrails.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://facebook.com/calitrails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

youtube videos seem messed up. Doesn't recognize the embedded link.

example: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8708&p=137643#p137502
copeg

Post by copeg »

schmalz wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm Can you provide any info on the tech stack for this page? I'm curious what's running behind the scenes.
PM sent
copeg

Post by copeg »

rlown wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:36 pm youtube videos seem messed up. Doesn't recognize the embedded link.

example: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8708&p=137643#p137502
Thanks Russ! Will look into it
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

Greg, In the middle of writing a trip report and adding pics my page ended up like this:
Window.jpeg
The problem is that I can't figure out how to post?
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
copeg

Post by copeg »

oldranger wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:47 pm Greg, In the middle of writing a trip report and adding pics my page ended up like this:
The problem is that I can't figure out how to post?
If saved as a draft: when they are listed in your control panel, for each draft there should be an option to view/edit and an option to load. Choose load and the draft should be loaded into the post template in the proper forum.

Looking forward to the tr :nod:
oldranger
Topix Addict

Post by oldranger »

I hit Load draft and came up with that window. Went to saved drafts and it wasn't there. Then I completely redid the post by saving and pasting the text then downloaded and inserted the photos. When I previewed the draft everything was ok but when I posted the report all but one of the photos were missing and the one was not in the position I placed it.
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
copeg

Post by copeg »

oldranger wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:35 pm I hit Load draft and came up with that window. Went to saved drafts and it wasn't there. Then I completely redid the post by saving and pasting the text then downloaded and inserted the photos. When I previewed the draft everything was ok but when I posted the report all but one of the photos were missing and the one was not in the position I placed it.
Crud, sorry to hear about the problems. Will look into this further. I presume you are still having issues? Until I get better clarity on the issue the only recommendation I have is what it seems you've already tried (redo from scratch, re-uploading the attachments if you have them)....

edit: we're you saving the draft with attachments? Attachments aren't saved with drafts - they need to be uploaded during posting time or they will be lost.