Upcoming Forum Upgrades - Complete

Instead of emailing or messaging the Admins or Mods with technical support questions or comments about the site, we prefer you check here to see if someone else has had the same difficulty or has made the same suggestion. What you're after might have already been posted and addressed here or within the FAQ. If not, please post a detailed description of the problem/suggestion and someone from the HST team will address your needs shortly. If you can't login/post and are unable to reset your password on your own, you may contact us directly.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Upcoming Forum Upgrades - Complete

Post by rlown »

I use adblock via google chrome. Now there is a red bar at the top under the header.
Capture.JPG
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator

Post by copeg »

At this time, it’s either see the red banner or see the ads. Will make a note for the future though about possible exceptions for members based upon certain criteria
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator

Post by ERIC »

If you don't white list HST in your adblocker settings, then yes. :littledevil:
The adblocker announcement is far less aggressive than the popups you see on most sites. The ads aren't that bad, either. Many of them are even set to not appear for registered and logged in members...
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

I'd like to post a long overdue public recognition of, and appreciation for, in particular Greg (copeg) for all of his hard work getting this site up to date and out of danger of compromise. It was a huge effort that I was stumped on and would not have been able to do on my own. I'd also like to thank the Admin/Mod team for keeping things together for so long while we figured out the best way to correct many of the spam, member and formatting issues experienced over the past couple of years.

At times I feel I get undue credit on here for keeping this place alive. I just want everyone to know that it's a team effort. That it's awesome people like copeg, maverick, markskor, giantbrookie and Jimr that put in just as much (and at times more) blood, sweat and tears than I do. These folks have always had my back, and yours. If you haven't, or haven't lately, please give them a BIG thank you for their work. They certainly deserve it.
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
austex
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by austex »

Y'all take a bow and get a round of applause from me. I get in here multiple times a day as sadly it helps me get through the day. I don't want to miss any tidbit about the area I really enjoy. Ain't nothing like it here in Texas.
A very warm thank y'all to all the mods. And I would be remiss to not thank the community as it takes everyone to make it great, civil and informative.
tie
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by tie »

This is fantastic, thank you.

If I could make a request, it would be to remove some (or all!) of the pinned posts at the top of the forums. Right now, for example, there are 17 pinned posts, mostly years old, that you have to skip over to read the Backpacking/Hiking/Camping page.
copeg

Post by copeg »

@tie Thanks for the comments! Been waiting until some things settle down before going through the stickies/announcements to see what can be done about this. Soon :)
ERIC

Post by ERIC »

I just cleaned a few things up. It's now about as tidy as it's going to get, I'm afraid.